EDI for Rx Distributors: Automate Complex Transactions at the Speed of the Internet
Discover the power of HDMA EDI protocols to enhance communications with your trading partners.
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) has been in use since the 1960’s. However, due to the expense of set-up costs, a confusing patchwork of protocols, and the relative rarity of ERP systems, only the largest companies could afford it and benefit from its advantages. Now it is widely used by Rx trading partners of all sizes.
Since the widespread adoption of the Healthcare Distribution Management Assoc (HDMA) recommended protocols, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) has been transforming pharmaceutical distribution. An industry that is characterized by business and regulatory complexity needs technology to streamline processes and drive down the costs of recording keeping and data entry.
EDI is simply better B2B communication, enabling the following:
* Daily data service product information and price management (Ex: Medi-Span)
* Rapid Form 222 processing (Ex: Legisym Integration and HDMA EDI 850 protocol)
* Comprehensive contract management of chargebacks and automated AP / AR entries (HDMA EDI transaction sets 844, 845, and 849)
* Catalog distribution (HMDA EDI 832 protocol)
* Enhancement of PO lifecycle communication (HDMI EDI 810, 850, 855, 856, etc.)
TurningPoint Systems has been implementing and supporting EDI B2B communications for decades and has an extensive offering of HDMA EDI transaction sets that are integrated into the ProfitPoint™ EDI Solution.
Our ProfitPoint™ EDI Rx-Solution is a turnkey package that takes the hassle out of EDI – no more worries about software, communication, and trading partner support.
Contact us for more information about how our ProfitPoint™ EDI Rx-Solution can streamline your business processes.